Monday 31 July 2017

Export Blackmagic Fusion Lens Distortion Node...

Ever since I was introduced to 3DEqualizer I have been learning python programming language. It is a great application for a visual effects artist. Compared to other tracking software it is very user friendly and I was fascinated about writing a script like all the other programmers out there. I started to learn the basics of python programming and tried to write some small logical programs to get a kick-start.

Now that I can moderately write a python script in a procedural approach and here comes my first script which I believe can make some sense. Here is the link to the ____ SCRIPT  _____which can export Lens Distortion data from 3DEqualizer to Blackmagic Fusion 8. This script can export animated lens distortion data into a setting file. Now we could just drag and drop the script into fusion workspace to access it. This script totally got 1125 lines of code and I believe this could be reduced to much less value with object oriented programming approach which I have been on my pace of learning. I would love to hear suggestions, improvements and any bugs regarding the script. Get to me at vinodh.vfxartist@gmail.com and I believe this tool saves you some time in your workflow.

1 comment: